1/2/12

Hello 2012!

So one year is gone and a new one is here. I didn't do nearly as much as I wanted to last year, but there is nothing i can do about that. It is a new year and time for new and improved things. I did start 2012 off in some new ways. The hubby and i actually went out for New Years Eve to a neighboring town, Mechanicsburg, and watched the wrench drop. Neither of us had been anywhere to see anything drop before. It was fun. And we discovered a quaint little cafe while doing it. Then on New Years Day we took a trip down to City Island and participated in the 2012 Penguin Plunge which benefited the Humane Society. The weather was great, but the water was frigid. i heard the water temp was only 34 degrees! These were some things i had never done before, so i was successful in starting the New Year off by doing something new!

My biggest challenge for the new year will be my health. I am going to work to do even better to lose weight and get healthy. I am starting a biggest loser type challenge with some friends and co-workers tomorrow, with money at stake. So that should help motivate me!!! I have been losing some weight (about 10 pounds in the last two months), but not enough. I am using the site www.myfitnesspal.com to track my weight and measurements. As I was resetting it tonight I noticed that since i originally signed up on that site i have lost 15.6 pounds and 5 inches. So I was at least doing something right!

Another thing i want to tackle this year is keeping this blog alive. So in order to do that I am going to start doing some theme days, like when I first started this blog for Diabetes Month 2010. Tentatively I think my topics will be:

Mundane Monday - Just some everyday thoughts from me
Tippy Tuesday - Tips for food, exercise, etc
Weighty Wednesday - issues that are a big concern for diabetics
Techie Thursday - info on apps and other gadgets that could/would be useful
Foto Friday - A picture says it all
Sugary Saturday - alternatives to super sweet snacking
Smorgasbord Sunday - Anything and everything

So stayed tuned and see what the new year has in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment