4/10/12

Day 10 - Dear 16 year old me

If there was one thing i could go back and tell my 16 year old self it would be to get off your butt and get active! I am now struggling with my newly turned 35 year old self to get into better shape. And when I say struggle, I really mean it. I struggle daily with trying to eat healthy and get enough exercise. If only I could go back in time and tell my younger self how much easier it would be to be healthy later in life if only I had been more active and ate better when i was younger. Things would be a lot easier now if i were healthier. There is a a good chance that i would not be struggling with Diabetes now if I had started being healthier when I was younger.

~Traci

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. I'm doing the HAWMC too - I'm a type 1, but I have a 17 y/o daughter who I worry about because she's putting herself at risk for type 2 (overweight, bad eating habits, becoming less and less active...). I'm never sure the right thing to say - but I'm pretty sure that Messages From Mom are not working! She's such a great person - I really just want her to not realize later that she could have made it easier for herself! But you have to be ready for change I guess.

    ReplyDelete