12/18/10

Me and Hannah Montana

So I was sitting here today watching Hannah Montana (yes it is a guilty pleasure for me) and it was the first time I had seen this specific episode. It was the one where Miley and Lilly learn Oliver has Type 1 Diabetes. While watching it it made me think of the knowledge, or lack thereof, that I had when I was diagnosed. I remember when I had the appointment to have my blood drawn just prior to my diagnosis I had the thought I better not eat anything too sugary the day before because I didn't want it to skew my blood work. Little did i know that it really wouldn't since the blood test measured a 2 to 3 month average of my blood sugar. I think i can honestly say I really didn't know anything about the disease prior to being diagnosed. Of course I had heard of it, but i really didn't know how it worked, or rather didn't work.

It is things like this that make me really want to spread the word and help educate those who do not know!

No comments:

Post a Comment