11/4/10

Week 1: Day 4 - Diabetes Celebrities

You know, I don't think I was aware of just how many famous people that I have heard of who have some type of Diabetes. I knew of a handful: Bret Michaels, Halle Berry, Jay Cutler, Nick Jonas, and of course Wilford Brimley. I don't think there is a a single out there who has access to the internet who didn't know about Wilford Brimley. We all know how he pronounces and he is famous for "the beetis."

I really was surprised to see so many names that i knew. Celebrities with diabetes is not really something I ever thought of before. I had to actually do a search to find out more names of celebrities who share the same struggles as I do. If interested, you can go check out this site to see their list celebrities with diabetes. It just might surprise you.

I can't say I really have a favorite diabetes celebrity. I am all in favor of a celebrity using their status to bring more awareness to this disease. If they can do their best to help educate more people about the reality of life with diabetes, then I really don't care what they are like in other regards. What is really important is bringing more awareness to the disease and in turn taking actions to get closer to one day finding a  cure. It doesn't matter what kind of person they are otherwise.

Diabetes Fact: Diabetes is the leading cause of new cases of blindness among adults aged 20–74 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment