11/28/10

Week 4: Day 28 - Storing Supplies

Sometimes having diabetes means you have to carry a lot of supplies or organize different types of medications. Pockets, purses, glove compartments, hands – what do you use to be sure you’re prepared?

 I consider myself very lucky: I only have my oral meds and my meter to carry around. The meter is easy because I am the type of person who carries a messenger bag around, so the meter just stays in its case and goes in the bag. Easy peasy. So my main concern is my meds. But I made that easy too as i use a 7 day pill holder. Not only does it hold pills for a week, it is also divided into AM and PM for each day. Also each "day" snaps out so if i want to just grab Mondays pills I can do that. It makes things so much easier. I keep all the bottles of my pills in a plastic bag so I know where all of them are.

Diabetes Fact: According to death certificate reports, diabetes contributed to a total of 233,619 deaths in 2005, the latest year for which data on contributing causes of death are available.

No comments:

Post a Comment