11/11/10

Week 2: Day 11 - Veterans Day

As we all know Veterans Day marks the anniversary of Armistice Day which was the end of World War 1 in 1918 on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month. We all know that timing can be very important in some regards. It can be especially important to diabetics. Diabetes is a very complex disease that requires a lot of monitoring. Type 1 diabetics have more to worry, especially if they have to wear an insulin pump. Quite honestly i really don't know all that is involved for Type 1 diabetics since I am not one of them.

I personally don't do things at the same exact time every day for my disease, but I do some things generally around the same time. Each morning I take my meds about the same time. Hopefully with the work I am doing on my diet and exercise I can eliminate this from my routine in months to come since i am trying to get off medications. I also have to test my blood sugar every morning before I eat. Another factor involving time is testing blood sugar after meals. This is generally done about 2 hours after you eat. In general diabetics test their blood sugar multiple times a day.

There can be a lot of time sensitive issues involved with this disease. It is not something that is easy and simple to incorporate the management of into your life. It is a lot of work, but it is necessary.



Diabetic Fact: In 2005, 46,739 people with diabetes began treatment for end-stage kidney disease in the United States and Puerto Rico.

No comments:

Post a Comment