11/21/10

Week 3: Day 21 - Being Thankful

I think first and foremost i am thankful that i am as healthy as I am. I know that having diabetes means that my health could be a lot worse, so I am glad that for the most part things are under control. My family and friends is something i am also very thankful for. They are there fore me and help support me when i need it. Of course i am also thankful at these times to have a good paying job and a roof over my head. I know not everyone is as lucky as I am.

I have to admit in some ways i am thankful for my diabetes. Without it i am not sure i would have finally taken the initiative to get myself healthy. Without having to worry about diabetes i might still not be getting exercise and eating whatever i wanted. So I have this disease to be thankful for because it has prompted me to get my health in order!!

Diabetes Fact: About 1 in every 400 to 600 children and adolescents has type 1 diabetes.

No comments:

Post a Comment