11/25/10

Week 4: Day 25 - Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is often a busy day, so you can keep it simple: What did you enjoy for your thanksgiving dinner?

Thanksgiving wasn't too much of a busy day for me since i really didn't have to do any thing. I did not have to help with any cooking or anything. The most I did was help set up a few chairs and a table. So i had plenty of time to just enjoy the day and the feast!! And what a feast it was! We had all the usual nibbles: turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, butternut squash, stuffing, rolls; and we had some other great things too: ham, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, pasta salad, cabbage salad, sweet potatoes, olives, and pickles. And this does not include the desserts: apple pies, pumpkin pies, raspberry pie, brownie pizza, and rice pudding! It was a full hour with both family and food! Of course i did not go overboard and eat everything! I just stuck to a few key foods for hte main course: turkey, ham, corn, mashed potatoes & gravy, squash, rolls, and stuffing. And then i made sure i did not take huge portions of each. And I kept it to just one plate! Any i had a small piece of raspberry pie, brownie pizza, and a little rice pudding for dessert. I did't go back for seconds on the desserts either.

I know my carb count was way high, i am not sure of the exact count. I did get a lot of walking in today to try to make up for some of the excess I did have yesterday. and I will try to take some long walks this weekend to combat things as well! I wish now i had taken some pictures of the spread as it was wonderful!

I hope everyone else had a wonderful holiday!!!

Diabetes Fact: In 2004, about 71,000 nontraumatic lower-limb amputations were performed in people with diabetes.

No comments:

Post a Comment