11/15/10

Week 3: Day 15 - “Mouthwatering Monday”

It used to be that I would sit around and snack on just about anything from candy to chips. All the really unhealthy snacks. Not so much any more. I still do eat some of the more unhealthy snacks, just not as much.

As i said before I went on weight watchers weeks ago and that is a real eye opener. Since then I have found that i try to find more healthy items to snack on since they would be of a lower point value for me. So now i find i am eating more fruit and veggies. I also try to find healthier versions of the bad snacks. For instance, a friend of mine turned me on to a new snack months ago called popchips. They are a healthier version of potato chips and they are very good!  So when I feel the need for a salty, crunchy snack I turn to these. Lately though i find myself snacking on Golden delicious apples a lot. In fact i just bought a sack of them at the store tonight. They are small ones, so they are perfect to take along a few to work to snack on throughout the day. They are sweet and crunchy, and just right to satisfy that snack craving.

Another thing that I find I have been snacking on more is no sugar added pickles. There is a company that sells some called Mt. Olive Pickles and they have my favorite kinds of pickles in their no sugar added varieties. These are a great option for me as they have no calories and therefore count a 0 points for weight watchers. So if i find myself tight on points, i can just snack on some of these and not have to worry.

I have really seen a change in the way I eat since i started weight watchers and snacking is one of the biggest changes. I still have some bad snacks, I just don't have them as often or as much of them anymore.

Diabetes Fact: At least 171 million people worldwide have diabetes; this figure is likely to be more than double by 2030.

No comments:

Post a Comment